Blog: Stelios turns his hand to food
Catherine Sleep | 16 December 2004
Is no business sector safe from the entrepreneurial reach of Stelios Haji-Ioannou? He’s already dominated the discount flight market and made significant inroads into Internet cafés and car hire. Now he’s after a slice of the pizza market, and of course he’s thought up some suitably innovative gags to go after it.
Order in advance? Save money! Book off-peak? Save even more money! You have to admire the dude’s energy and innovation, but I wonder how well the advance ordering tool will be received. For many people ordering pizza is a spontaneous “Oops, nothing in the fridge tonight” kind of activity. But time will tell – if anyone can do it, Stelios can.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1