Blog: Stelios turns his hand to food
Catherine Sleep | 16 December 2004
Is no business sector safe from the entrepreneurial reach of Stelios Haji-Ioannou? He’s already dominated the discount flight market and made significant inroads into Internet cafés and car hire. Now he’s after a slice of the pizza market, and of course he’s thought up some suitably innovative gags to go after it.
Order in advance? Save money! Book off-peak? Save even more money! You have to admire the dude’s energy and innovation, but I wonder how well the advance ordering tool will be received. For many people ordering pizza is a spontaneous “Oops, nothing in the fridge tonight” kind of activity. But time will tell – if anyone can do it, Stelios can.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix