Blog: Stelios turns his hand to food
Catherine Sleep | 16 December 2004
Is no business sector safe from the entrepreneurial reach of Stelios Haji-Ioannou? He’s already dominated the discount flight market and made significant inroads into Internet cafés and car hire. Now he’s after a slice of the pizza market, and of course he’s thought up some suitably innovative gags to go after it.
Order in advance? Save money! Book off-peak? Save even more money! You have to admire the dude’s energy and innovation, but I wonder how well the advance ordering tool will be received. For many people ordering pizza is a spontaneous “Oops, nothing in the fridge tonight” kind of activity. But time will tell – if anyone can do it, Stelios can.
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action