Blog: Stelios turns his hand to food
Catherine Sleep | 16 December 2004
Is no business sector safe from the entrepreneurial reach of Stelios Haji-Ioannou? He’s already dominated the discount flight market and made significant inroads into Internet cafés and car hire. Now he’s after a slice of the pizza market, and of course he’s thought up some suitably innovative gags to go after it.
Order in advance? Save money! Book off-peak? Save even more money! You have to admire the dude’s energy and innovation, but I wonder how well the advance ordering tool will be received. For many people ordering pizza is a spontaneous “Oops, nothing in the fridge tonight” kind of activity. But time will tell – if anyone can do it, Stelios can.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review