Blog: Stelios turns his hand to food
Catherine Sleep | 16 December 2004
Is no business sector safe from the entrepreneurial reach of Stelios Haji-Ioannou? He’s already dominated the discount flight market and made significant inroads into Internet cafés and car hire. Now he’s after a slice of the pizza market, and of course he’s thought up some suitably innovative gags to go after it.
Order in advance? Save money! Book off-peak? Save even more money! You have to admire the dude’s energy and innovation, but I wonder how well the advance ordering tool will be received. For many people ordering pizza is a spontaneous “Oops, nothing in the fridge tonight” kind of activity. But time will tell – if anyone can do it, Stelios can.
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund