Blog: Still no news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
As the clock ticks down to 5pm, we are - at the time of writing - still waiting for news on whether UK poultry-to-fish supplier Boparan Holdings will table a takeover bid for Northern Foods.
Boparan Holdings and its owner Ranjit Boparan have until 5pm to announce an offer for Northern - which is planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore - or walk away.
Earlier today, it was reported that Mr Boparan had struck an agreement with Northern's pension trustees - seen as key should the food tycoon decide to move for the Fox's biscuits and Goodfella's pizza owner.
As soon as an announcement is made - or 5pm passes - we will, of course, report whether Mr Boparan has launched a bid.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review