Blog: Still no news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
As the clock ticks down to 5pm, we are - at the time of writing - still waiting for news on whether UK poultry-to-fish supplier Boparan Holdings will table a takeover bid for Northern Foods.
Boparan Holdings and its owner Ranjit Boparan have until 5pm to announce an offer for Northern - which is planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore - or walk away.
Earlier today, it was reported that Mr Boparan had struck an agreement with Northern's pension trustees - seen as key should the food tycoon decide to move for the Fox's biscuits and Goodfella's pizza owner.
As soon as an announcement is made - or 5pm passes - we will, of course, report whether Mr Boparan has launched a bid.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund