Blog: Still no news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
As the clock ticks down to 5pm, we are - at the time of writing - still waiting for news on whether UK poultry-to-fish supplier Boparan Holdings will table a takeover bid for Northern Foods.
Boparan Holdings and its owner Ranjit Boparan have until 5pm to announce an offer for Northern - which is planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore - or walk away.
Earlier today, it was reported that Mr Boparan had struck an agreement with Northern's pension trustees - seen as key should the food tycoon decide to move for the Fox's biscuits and Goodfella's pizza owner.
As soon as an announcement is made - or 5pm passes - we will, of course, report whether Mr Boparan has launched a bid.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning