Blog: Still no news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
As the clock ticks down to 5pm, we are - at the time of writing - still waiting for news on whether UK poultry-to-fish supplier Boparan Holdings will table a takeover bid for Northern Foods.
Boparan Holdings and its owner Ranjit Boparan have until 5pm to announce an offer for Northern - which is planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore - or walk away.
Earlier today, it was reported that Mr Boparan had struck an agreement with Northern's pension trustees - seen as key should the food tycoon decide to move for the Fox's biscuits and Goodfella's pizza owner.
As soon as an announcement is made - or 5pm passes - we will, of course, report whether Mr Boparan has launched a bid.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review