Blog: Still no news on Northern
Dean Best | 21 January 2011
As the clock ticks down to 5pm, we are - at the time of writing - still waiting for news on whether UK poultry-to-fish supplier Boparan Holdings will table a takeover bid for Northern Foods.
Boparan Holdings and its owner Ranjit Boparan have until 5pm to announce an offer for Northern - which is planning to merge with Ireland's Greencore - or walk away.
Earlier today, it was reported that Mr Boparan had struck an agreement with Northern's pension trustees - seen as key should the food tycoon decide to move for the Fox's biscuits and Goodfella's pizza owner.
As soon as an announcement is made - or 5pm passes - we will, of course, report whether Mr Boparan has launched a bid.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs