Blog: Storm Doris causes power outage at just-food
Dean Best | 23 February 2017
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception.
Our HQ in Bromsgrove, south of the Midlands city of Birmingham, was out of power for two hours over lunchtime but had it restored at 13:30 UK.
Fortunately, that means our readers in the Americas still received their daily newsletters.
However, the bad news is the storm knocked out one of the database servers holding the just-food site. Our technical team are working on that as I type but it means the site itself is down until further notice.
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant