Blog: Super duper me
Catherine Sleep | 25 January 2006
Lingering under the golden arches, many of you will have watched Morgan Spurlock’s investigate film, Super Size Me, and reeled in horror as he ate nothing but McDonald’s food for a whole month.
As the predictable effects of such a restricted diet kicked in, you may remember the Blonde Vegan Girlfriend fussing around in the background and telling him he was killing himself. This was Alex Jamieson, and she’s now cashing in, oops, I meant following in the footsteps of her famous new fiancé by publishing a book called The Great American Detox Diet, which is essentially the diet she put Spurlock on once his experiment was over.
The book is, of course, supported by a website where you can enjoy pictures of Jamieson canoodling with Spurlock, not to mention their cat snoozing on the sofa. As well as cooking for clients in their own home, Jamieson is also more than willing to help visitors manage their own diet on a consultancy basis. Gotta jump on that bandwagon while it’s still rolling, after all.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK