Blog: Super duper me
Catherine Sleep | 25 January 2006
Lingering under the golden arches, many of you will have watched Morgan Spurlock’s investigate film, Super Size Me, and reeled in horror as he ate nothing but McDonald’s food for a whole month.
As the predictable effects of such a restricted diet kicked in, you may remember the Blonde Vegan Girlfriend fussing around in the background and telling him he was killing himself. This was Alex Jamieson, and she’s now cashing in, oops, I meant following in the footsteps of her famous new fiancé by publishing a book called The Great American Detox Diet, which is essentially the diet she put Spurlock on once his experiment was over.
The book is, of course, supported by a website where you can enjoy pictures of Jamieson canoodling with Spurlock, not to mention their cat snoozing on the sofa. As well as cooking for clients in their own home, Jamieson is also more than willing to help visitors manage their own diet on a consultancy basis. Gotta jump on that bandwagon while it’s still rolling, after all.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review