Blog: Super duper me
Catherine Sleep | 25 January 2006
Lingering under the golden arches, many of you will have watched Morgan Spurlock’s investigate film, Super Size Me, and reeled in horror as he ate nothing but McDonald’s food for a whole month.
As the predictable effects of such a restricted diet kicked in, you may remember the Blonde Vegan Girlfriend fussing around in the background and telling him he was killing himself. This was Alex Jamieson, and she’s now cashing in, oops, I meant following in the footsteps of her famous new fiancé by publishing a book called The Great American Detox Diet, which is essentially the diet she put Spurlock on once his experiment was over.
The book is, of course, supported by a website where you can enjoy pictures of Jamieson canoodling with Spurlock, not to mention their cat snoozing on the sofa. As well as cooking for clients in their own home, Jamieson is also more than willing to help visitors manage their own diet on a consultancy basis. Gotta jump on that bandwagon while it’s still rolling, after all.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report