Blog: Supersize me (but only for a week)
Catherine Sleep | 14 July 2004
Doubtless inspired by Morgan Spurlock’s 30-day blowout on McDonald’s food, British journalist Tim Adams decided to repeat the experiment. He tweaked it a little to include several other brands of fastfood, notably Burger King, Wendy’s, KFC and Wimpy. What was more relevant to the experiment, however, was that with typical British understatement he restricted the experiment to a week.
After day one, Adams wrote in an article for the Observer Food Monthly that while he wouldn’t go so far as to say “I’m lovin’ it,” he was certainly “findin’ it not too bad”. How long would that last?
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up