Blog: Sweet Sharapova
Michelle Russell | 20 August 2013
Oh sweet Sharapova ... whatever next. It seems the world of celebrity endorsements has taken a somewhat ridiculous turn this week.
It appears Maria Sharapova is considering changing her surname to Sugarpova for the two weeks of the US Open as she looks to cash in on her 'Sugarpova' line of sweets.
The move by the Russian would be a temporary one, reverting back at the end of the tournament, which begins next Monday.
But given this silly turn of events, should we now expect to see Murray Mint to step out onto the deco turf at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York next week ...?
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill