Blog: Taking the bull by the horns
Dean Best | 15 September 2009
Off to Warwick today (15 September) to hear the prognosis for the UK dairy industry from many of the top names in the business.
Executives from Lactalis, Robert Wiseman Dairies and Dairy Crest will be among those addressing this year's Dairy UK conference.
The event - aptly titled 'Taking the bull by the horns' will no doubt reflect on what has been a tumultuous 12 months for the UK dairy sector. Plummeting dairy prices, consumers chasing value and the collapse of one of the UK's biggest dairy co-ops in Dairy Farmers of Britain will mean that, for some, the outlook for dairy remains sour.
However, as you'd expect from such a volatile market, others believe there is much for the UK dairy sector to be positive about - not least the product and marketing innovation from the likes of Country Life butter owner Dairy Crest (think Johnny Rotten) and sustained investment from the likes of Wiseman and its gleaming new facility in
For once, being 'sent to (near) Coventry' holds some appeal...
Readers can follow updates from the dairy conference here on the just-food Twitter feed.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities