Blog: Technology has its weak link too
Catherine Sleep | 20 October 2003
As the editor of a website, every task proved a challenge. I was reduced to dictating the weekly newsletter to news editor Kate over my mobile, and her workload increased dramatically as she handled the several hundred emails I receive each day on top of her own busy inbox. The only upside was that I was finally prompted to turn my attention to some longer term projects that usually get sidelined in favour of more pressing matters – but even this proved frustrating without being able to check facts on the Internet or email industry contacts.
One thing I learned is how important my colleagues are. When technology let me down, they helped me work through it. I also learned I need a whizzy-zizzy mobile that allows me to access the Internet…. well, Christmas is on its way, perhaps I’ll ask Santa.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review