Blog: Technology has its weak link too
Catherine Sleep | 20 October 2003
As the editor of a website, every task proved a challenge. I was reduced to dictating the weekly newsletter to news editor Kate over my mobile, and her workload increased dramatically as she handled the several hundred emails I receive each day on top of her own busy inbox. The only upside was that I was finally prompted to turn my attention to some longer term projects that usually get sidelined in favour of more pressing matters – but even this proved frustrating without being able to check facts on the Internet or email industry contacts.
One thing I learned is how important my colleagues are. When technology let me down, they helped me work through it. I also learned I need a whizzy-zizzy mobile that allows me to access the Internet…. well, Christmas is on its way, perhaps I’ll ask Santa.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report