Blog: Technology has its weak link too
Catherine Sleep | 20 October 2003
As the editor of a website, every task proved a challenge. I was reduced to dictating the weekly newsletter to news editor Kate over my mobile, and her workload increased dramatically as she handled the several hundred emails I receive each day on top of her own busy inbox. The only upside was that I was finally prompted to turn my attention to some longer term projects that usually get sidelined in favour of more pressing matters – but even this proved frustrating without being able to check facts on the Internet or email industry contacts.
One thing I learned is how important my colleagues are. When technology let me down, they helped me work through it. I also learned I need a whizzy-zizzy mobile that allows me to access the Internet…. well, Christmas is on its way, perhaps I’ll ask Santa.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations