Blog: Ten minutes of fame
Catherine Sleep | 12 September 2006
The other day I was interviewed by Ross Bentley, a journalist writing an article about blogs for the food industry. It was kind of weird being on the other end of the notepad, as it were, and probably something all journalists should do now and again to remind them how it feels.
Anyway, Ross’s article is now available for all to read on Caterer & Hotelkeeper, and it’s an insightful piece you may enjoy. He talked to several food bloggers and a few industry observers.
I think the quote that resonates with me the most is “a good blog won’t avoid controversy”. It’s an interesting one – I’d never seek to upset anyone intentionally but if a blogger is going to be forthright and honest, it’s almost inevitable at times.
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group