Blog: Ten years gone and a beta future ahead
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 May 2010
As hard as this is for me to believe, today is actually my tenth anniversary here at Aroq, just-food's parent group. In that time, the food and drinks industry has remained the welcoming, dynamic and fascinating sector it was when I started out on this then unknown publication.
In ten years, however, the landscape of the industry and the opportunities and threats executives face every day have change beyond all recognition. Once great businesses have disappeared altogether and other, once local, players now eye global dominance as their goal. Meanwhile, corporate social responsibility now dominates the media agenda in all its forms – who thought obesity or carbon footprints would shape strategy the way they do now in 2000.
But, it's not just the industry that has changed. just-food has gone through three redesigns in that time, constantly striving to stay at the forefront of digital publishing. I am very pleased to announce that this week marks the final countdown to a fourth relaunch. This time, however, it's not just the look of the site that is changing but the direction and ethos too.
Whilst we have built a reputation for breaking news and analysis, there is an understanding here at just-food that we need to deliver more. The news, of course, remains important, but our new insights section raises the bar in food publishing for daily comment, opinion and interviews.
A 'beta site' ('test-site' for those of us outside the techy world) of the new-look just-food is open for business now.
It can be found here.
We have just under a week before we go fully live, but are keen to give as many of our readers the opportunity to view, test and comment on the new design, columns and features on offer.
When we launch next week, there will be a full update on the thinking and objectives of the new site, suffice to say that we believe it will deliver a huge step forward in the daily delivery of food industry information, insight and intelligence.
Remember, as a beta site, there are still a few issues to iron out. But, the countdown to the latest incarnation of just-food has begun and we'd love to hear your thoughts by clicking here.
In the meantime, let me take this opportunity to thank everyone I have met over the last ten years. I have been privileged to rub shoulders and interview some amazing characters and cover some huge stories. Our readership throughout that time have been our greatest asset: supportive of just-food yet never afraid to tell us where we are going wrong. I look forward to many good years ahead.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review