Blog: Tesco has its "fingers crossed"
Dean Best | 5 December 2007
Try not to be fooled by the accelerated growth in UK retail sales in November.
Discounts are believed to have driven the increased spending, which has lead many to believe consumers will be watching the pennies this Christmas.
Tesco’s finance chief Andrew Higginson gave away some of the sector’s pessimism with a call for the Bank of England to cut interest rates.
Higginson told the Thomson Financial News Agency that shoppers were being “very cautious” and that he is keeping his “fingers crossed” during the key Christmas period.
He’s unlikely to be alone.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities