Blog: Tesco veteran Neville-Rolfe takes director role at 2 Sisters Food Group
Dean Best | 2 September 2013
Lucy Neville-Rolfe, the former Tesco executive, has accepted a role at 2 Sisters Food Group, one of the UK's largest food manufacturers.
Neville-Rolfe, who left Tesco after 15 years in January, became a non-executive director at 2 Sisters yesterday (1 September).
The 60-year-old became a Dame in 2012 and last month was appointed as a Conservative life peer.
However, it is her experience in and knowledge of the UK retail scene that would have attracted 2 Sisters, the company behind brands like Fox's biscuits and one of the UK's largest meat suppliers.
"She brings unrivalled experience to 2 Sisters and her expertise and counsel will be invaluable as we look to continue to grow the business and realise our ambition of becoming one of the world's best food companies," 2 Sisters chairman Sir Charles Allen said.
Last month, 2 Sisters created two COO roles in a bid to strengthen the business - one COO leads its protein business, the other its chilled, ambient and frozen interests.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
This week, Bel struck a deal to buy a majority stake in fellow French group MOM Brands. Another French food major, Danone, faced criticism in the US over its plans for GMO ingredients. US snack maker ...
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review