Blog: Tesco veteran Neville-Rolfe takes director role at 2 Sisters Food Group
Dean Best | 2 September 2013
Lucy Neville-Rolfe, the former Tesco executive, has accepted a role at 2 Sisters Food Group, one of the UK's largest food manufacturers.
Neville-Rolfe, who left Tesco after 15 years in January, became a non-executive director at 2 Sisters yesterday (1 September).
The 60-year-old became a Dame in 2012 and last month was appointed as a Conservative life peer.
However, it is her experience in and knowledge of the UK retail scene that would have attracted 2 Sisters, the company behind brands like Fox's biscuits and one of the UK's largest meat suppliers.
"She brings unrivalled experience to 2 Sisters and her expertise and counsel will be invaluable as we look to continue to grow the business and realise our ambition of becoming one of the world's best food companies," 2 Sisters chairman Sir Charles Allen said.
Last month, 2 Sisters created two COO roles in a bid to strengthen the business - one COO leads its protein business, the other its chilled, ambient and frozen interests.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements