Blog: Tesco's Dunnhumby acquires social marketing firm
Petah Marian | 25 May 2011
Tesco's majority-owned consumer data firm Dunnhumby has emphasised its interest in social media marketing with the acquisition of US-based BzzAgent.
BzzAgent is a Boston-based social marketing company that "accelerates word of mouth to drive sales".
The firm said that it is "powered by a network of over 800,000 agents" and, in the customary jargon, claimed it "creates measurable business results for marketers through an influential advocate network, a powerful engagement platform and a proven analytics approach".
Dunnhumby said yesterday (24 May) that the acquisition is a "marriage of one of the leaders in shopper marketing with a social marketing pioneer".
"Not only does BzzAgent leverage a base of 800,000 influential customers in the word-of-mouth space, it is focused on measuring return on investment and the role of social media. Our focus has always been on building loyalty. With BzzAgent, we believe we can now help our clients understand advocacy and use this knowledge to earn more loyal customers for retailers and brands," said Dunnhumby CEO Simon Hay.
UK consumers are being urged to think of other ways to use their jack-o-lanterns and cut the millions of tonnes of pumpkin that is wasted at this time of year....
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report