Blog: Tesco's Dunnhumby acquires social marketing firm
Petah Marian | 25 May 2011
Tesco's majority-owned consumer data firm Dunnhumby has emphasised its interest in social media marketing with the acquisition of US-based BzzAgent.
BzzAgent is a Boston-based social marketing company that "accelerates word of mouth to drive sales".
The firm said that it is "powered by a network of over 800,000 agents" and, in the customary jargon, claimed it "creates measurable business results for marketers through an influential advocate network, a powerful engagement platform and a proven analytics approach".
Dunnhumby said yesterday (24 May) that the acquisition is a "marriage of one of the leaders in shopper marketing with a social marketing pioneer".
"Not only does BzzAgent leverage a base of 800,000 influential customers in the word-of-mouth space, it is focused on measuring return on investment and the role of social media. Our focus has always been on building loyalty. With BzzAgent, we believe we can now help our clients understand advocacy and use this knowledge to earn more loyal customers for retailers and brands," said Dunnhumby CEO Simon Hay.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth