Blog: Tesco's World Cup singing sandwich
Dean Best | 7 June 2010
Like 99.9% of the UK population, you must be gripped by World Cup fever and, for those who have flags attached to their cars, draped out of their windows or will have them painted on their face, Tesco has the ideal lunch for you - a sandwich that sings a football chant.
The limited-edition jalapeno chicken sandwich comes in packaging that, when opened, triggers the football chant ‘ole ole ole ole’.
The packaging uses the same sound chips used in those oh-so-hilarious greetings cards you get sent by a 'mad' uncle or 'crazy' aunt.
Nonetheless, Tesco thinks the sandwiches will go down well with football fans.
Tesco food developer Laura Fagan said: "We think the sandwiches will be popular snacks for anyone wanting to see the lunchtime or afternoon games and for that reason we wanted to offer fans something substantial."
Something substantial and, I guess, something else to annoy the office grump who will shun the chance to watch any of the games because they are incredibly busy.
(At the time of writing, England are 1-0 up against local South African side Platinum Stars in our final warm-up/friendly/kickabout before Saturday's first proper match against the US. Although never mind the score, we are on injury watch).
Heinz's flagship product has provoked the ire of a competitor in Israel, a story that has attracted headlines in the international mainstream media. But even after making a change to the labels, a bot...
A lawsuit tabled in the US has brought fresh attention to the supply chain for prawns, which hit headlines around the world last year amid claims of slavery....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020