Blog: Tesco's World Cup singing sandwich
Dean Best | 7 June 2010
Like 99.9% of the UK population, you must be gripped by World Cup fever and, for those who have flags attached to their cars, draped out of their windows or will have them painted on their face, Tesco has the ideal lunch for you - a sandwich that sings a football chant.
The limited-edition jalapeno chicken sandwich comes in packaging that, when opened, triggers the football chant ‘ole ole ole ole’.
The packaging uses the same sound chips used in those oh-so-hilarious greetings cards you get sent by a 'mad' uncle or 'crazy' aunt.
Nonetheless, Tesco thinks the sandwiches will go down well with football fans.
Tesco food developer Laura Fagan said: "We think the sandwiches will be popular snacks for anyone wanting to see the lunchtime or afternoon games and for that reason we wanted to offer fans something substantial."
Something substantial and, I guess, something else to annoy the office grump who will shun the chance to watch any of the games because they are incredibly busy.
(At the time of writing, England are 1-0 up against local South African side Platinum Stars in our final warm-up/friendly/kickabout before Saturday's first proper match against the US. Although never mind the score, we are on injury watch).
The UK retail giant has sought to "simplify" its trade terms with suppliers....
With market talk rumbling on over whether Diamond Foods is up for sale, attention has now turned to if the company could be preparing to sell its snack food brands separately having failed to secure a...
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019