Blog: Thai military to keep food distribution moving
Dean Best | 25 October 2011
Thailand's worst floods for 50 years have killed hundreds, displaced thousands and disrupted distribution and supply chain networks throughout the country.
A report in The Bangkok Post said today (25 October) that Thailand's armed forces were ready to help keep the food supply chain moving.
Defence minister Yutthasak Sasiprapa said it had been asked by Casino's local subsidiary Big C to help distribute products into the Thai capital.
The floods are closing in on the city and the Thai authorities are battling to stop the water making inroads into the capital.
Reuters said today that the Thai government planned to relax tariffs on food after hoarding by residents affected by the floods.
Last week, Tesco and Casino told just-food how the floods had hit their operations. Both retailers have closed stores and seen their supply chains affected.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities