Blog: The creation of snack giant Snyder's-Lance clears final hurdle
Dean Best | 6 December 2010
So, shareholders of US snack makers Lance and Snyder's of Hanover have approved the merger between the two companies.
The deal, first announced in July, will create Snyder's-Lance and marks the second major deal with the US snacks sector this year, following Diamond Foods' takeover of Kettle Foods in February.
When the deal was announced, analysts said the formation of Snyder's-Lance would create a business with a broader product portfolio and, crucially, a stronger distribution network.
One analyst told just-food that the creation of Snyder's-Lance was the "proverbial 'one-plus-one equals three".
It certainly creates another formidable competitor for PepsiCo, which now faces the combined Snyder-Lance and Diamond/Kettle in its own backyard.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report