Blog: The creation of snack giant Snyder's-Lance clears final hurdle
Dean Best | 6 December 2010
So, shareholders of US snack makers Lance and Snyder's of Hanover have approved the merger between the two companies.
The deal, first announced in July, will create Snyder's-Lance and marks the second major deal with the US snacks sector this year, following Diamond Foods' takeover of Kettle Foods in February.
When the deal was announced, analysts said the formation of Snyder's-Lance would create a business with a broader product portfolio and, crucially, a stronger distribution network.
One analyst told just-food that the creation of Snyder's-Lance was the "proverbial 'one-plus-one equals three".
It certainly creates another formidable competitor for PepsiCo, which now faces the combined Snyder-Lance and Diamond/Kettle in its own backyard.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery