Blog: The door closes on just-food's open house
Chris Brook-Carter | 3 December 2010
Wednesday morning brought to an end just-food's first-ever open house. It was a rare opportunity to demonstrate to those in the food industry who are not already full members of the site what they have been missing.
And the food industry has certainly played its part, allowing us to show the service in full flight, by announcing mergers, acquisitions and financial scandal in a jam-packed 14 days.
just-food was ten-years-old earlier this year. At its conception in 2000, it was at the very forefront of news and intelligence publishing within its industry. Over the last decade, a number of competitors and alternative information sources have sprung up, many of questionable quality.
As readers will have recognised, this year has witnessed a major relaunch of just-food. Not only was a new website delivered, but it was marked the culmination of a year's work on our content strategy. Recognising that basic news on the industry has become something of a commodity, just-food now delivers a full industry intelligence service. Breaking news is still a core part of the product, but just as important now and far harder to find on "free" services is the insight to put that news in context. Internally, we've coined the phrase i3 - Information, Insight and Intelligence.
If you have been part of our open house, I hope you have seen this approach in action a number of times in the last fortnight: whether it be the Greencore/Northern Foods merger, the race to buy yoghurt brand Yoplait or Carrefour's recent financial woes. If you have, I thoroughly recommend you take this opportunity to give our full membership a go - we are confident you won't be disappointed.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review