Blog: The goose is still slim, okay?
Catherine Sleep | 17 September 2004
I opened my weekly rag today to be confronted with a double-page spread of local pubs and restaurants advertising their Christmas menus. For heaven’s sake, it’s only September!
The second shock related to an advert for a “Four-course festive menu” in which the fourth course comprised, er, coffee and mints. Since when does a cup of coffee and an After Eight constitute a course?
Ebenezer Scrooge himself would be impressed. Let’s have a bit more honesty in advertising, pretty please. And no more Christmas ads until November.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO