Blog: The goose is still slim, okay?
Catherine Sleep | 17 September 2004
I opened my weekly rag today to be confronted with a double-page spread of local pubs and restaurants advertising their Christmas menus. For heaven’s sake, it’s only September!
The second shock related to an advert for a “Four-course festive menu” in which the fourth course comprised, er, coffee and mints. Since when does a cup of coffee and an After Eight constitute a course?
Ebenezer Scrooge himself would be impressed. Let’s have a bit more honesty in advertising, pretty please. And no more Christmas ads until November.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK