Blog: The Irish Dairy Board unveils logo for new name
Dean Best | 31 March 2015
The company said it needed new name to reflect ambition to build global business
Timed to coincide with the end of EU quotas on dairy production today (31 March), Irish co-operative The Irish Dairy Board has published the logo for its new corporate name, Ornua.
As we reported last month, the IDB has changed its name to a phrase derived from the meaning for "new gold" in Irish.
Ireland's largest dairy exporter and owner of brands including Kerrygold butter and Dubliner cheese said it brought in the new name to reflect its international expansion.
Kevin Lane, Ornua's chief executive, said today: "Our business has been steadily building a global infrastructure to ready itself for the opportunities post-quota will bring. We have invested in our people, our brands, new products, in our facilities all over the world and in the excellence and sustainability of all aspects of our business. A business with such reinvigorated ambition needs an identity that is fit for a very bright future. We now complete our preparation, by unveiling an identity which not only reflects our position as a modern customer and consumer-facing business but one which acknowledges and celebrates our proud dairy heritage."
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Lactalis Nestle, the dairy joint venture formed between the two food groups in 2006, is expanding its Spanish product offering with the launch of Nestle Gold Crunchy Cream. ...
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review