Blog: The Irish Dairy Board unveils logo for new name
Dean Best | 31 March 2015
The company said it needed new name to reflect ambition to build global business
Timed to coincide with the end of EU quotas on dairy production today (31 March), Irish co-operative The Irish Dairy Board has published the logo for its new corporate name, Ornua.
As we reported last month, the IDB has changed its name to a phrase derived from the meaning for "new gold" in Irish.
Ireland's largest dairy exporter and owner of brands including Kerrygold butter and Dubliner cheese said it brought in the new name to reflect its international expansion.
Kevin Lane, Ornua's chief executive, said today: "Our business has been steadily building a global infrastructure to ready itself for the opportunities post-quota will bring. We have invested in our people, our brands, new products, in our facilities all over the world and in the excellence and sustainability of all aspects of our business. A business with such reinvigorated ambition needs an identity that is fit for a very bright future. We now complete our preparation, by unveiling an identity which not only reflects our position as a modern customer and consumer-facing business but one which acknowledges and celebrates our proud dairy heritage."
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020