Blog: The shake-up in posh chocs goes on...
Dean Best | 23 June 2008
And so the shake-up of the fast-growing premium chocolate market goes on.
After the sale of Godiva late last year and Nestle’s publicly-stated ambitions to boost its presence in the category, today (23 June) saw the sale of Belgium’s Guylian to South Korean confectioner Lotte.
The deal will give Guylian the chance to boost its profile in Asia, where demand for posh chocolate is steadily growing.
The transaction is unlikely to create too many waves in the US, however, where Swiss firm Lindt is leading the sector – and showing signs of being determined to hold on to its lead.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities