Blog: The world under one roof at Anuga
Dean Best | 14 October 2007
just-food has been in Germany this weekend (on business, not a city-break) at the Anuga exhibition in Cologne.
I have been one of the whopping 160,000 visitors who swarm to this picturesque city every couple of years for what is a key date in the food industry calendar. The sheer size and scale of this event has left me impressed – and with aching feet.
The fair, which attracts visitors from all over the world, is truly a global event, with exhibitors ranging from Brazil to Belgium, from Ireland to India. As one attendee told me on Saturday: “All other fairs try to be international but, really, they’re not.”
And, somewhat surprisingly, I’ve yet to hear one bad word said about the event. The food industry sees Anuga as a vital way to meet customers, potential clients and get to see – and taste – what their competitors are doing. “Anuga acts as a magnet for the industry,” another attendee said.
Divided into ten specialist fairs and with over 6,600 exhibitors, Anuga offers something for everyone – but it’s been tiring trying to squeeze it all in.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review