Blog: Throw an australus steak on the barby…
Catherine Sleep | 21 December 2005
Remember last month I told you about the Aussies seeking a new name for kangaroo meat? Well, the winner’s been announced. Kangarly, maroo and kangasaurus missed out to the rather more oblique australus.
I can’t see it taking off. To me it sounds more like a brand of cologne – “So male, so earthy, so australus…”. Perhaps that was the clincher, though. Separate the meat from the much-loved animal in consumers’ minds, and they might just eat it.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs