Blog: Throw an australus steak on the barby…
Catherine Sleep | 21 December 2005
Remember last month I told you about the Aussies seeking a new name for kangaroo meat? Well, the winner’s been announced. Kangarly, maroo and kangasaurus missed out to the rather more oblique australus.
I can’t see it taking off. To me it sounds more like a brand of cologne – “So male, so earthy, so australus…”. Perhaps that was the clincher, though. Separate the meat from the much-loved animal in consumers’ minds, and they might just eat it.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning