Blog: Today’s the day!
Catherine Sleep | 19 September 2005
For lucky pupils at one school in London, today is the day that school dinners took a turn for the better. Or so it’s to be hoped. Gorringe Park primary school in Merton is part of a project run by contract catering company Initial to introduce meals from the Jamie Oliver menu.
Alan Coode, headmaster of Gorringe Park, took the very public step of putting photographs of each day’s school dinner on the school website. Nobody is claiming that this unexpected publicity prompted Initial to choose Gorringe Park for a menu upgrade ahead of schedule, but it seems more than coincidence.
To see how the food looks now, tomorrow and every day from now on, not to mention some of the delights served up last week, click the link below. Down with turkey twizzlers, up with slow-cooked balsamic beef with mushrooms, creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities