Blog: Today’s the day!
Catherine Sleep | 19 September 2005
For lucky pupils at one school in London, today is the day that school dinners took a turn for the better. Or so it’s to be hoped. Gorringe Park primary school in Merton is part of a project run by contract catering company Initial to introduce meals from the Jamie Oliver menu.
Alan Coode, headmaster of Gorringe Park, took the very public step of putting photographs of each day’s school dinner on the school website. Nobody is claiming that this unexpected publicity prompted Initial to choose Gorringe Park for a menu upgrade ahead of schedule, but it seems more than coincidence.
To see how the food looks now, tomorrow and every day from now on, not to mention some of the delights served up last week, click the link below. Down with turkey twizzlers, up with slow-cooked balsamic beef with mushrooms, creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch