Blog: Today’s the day!
Catherine Sleep | 19 September 2005
For lucky pupils at one school in London, today is the day that school dinners took a turn for the better. Or so it’s to be hoped. Gorringe Park primary school in Merton is part of a project run by contract catering company Initial to introduce meals from the Jamie Oliver menu.
Alan Coode, headmaster of Gorringe Park, took the very public step of putting photographs of each day’s school dinner on the school website. Nobody is claiming that this unexpected publicity prompted Initial to choose Gorringe Park for a menu upgrade ahead of schedule, but it seems more than coincidence.
To see how the food looks now, tomorrow and every day from now on, not to mention some of the delights served up last week, click the link below. Down with turkey twizzlers, up with slow-cooked balsamic beef with mushrooms, creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund