Blog: Two becomes bun - Baby Spice and Hovis
Dean Best | 16 January 2009
The pairing of celebrities and food brands often raises eyebrows – think last year's campaign that brought Sex Pistols front man Johnny Rotten together with Country Life butter.
Going even further back, we even had the likes of Manchester United football legend Ryan Giggs peddling Quorn in his youth.
The latest surprising combination is ex-Spice Girl Emma Bunton – aka Baby Spice – and Hovis.
This week, Bunton helped launch the Hovis Wholemeal Challenge to in a bid to get the nation to eat more healthily.
Apparently – so says Emma – she's recently switched from white to wholemeal bread and she thinks the rest of the nation should follow suit.
“Switching to wholemeal bread is a small change that has made a real difference to me and my family so I’d recommend you give it a go,” says the former proponent of Girl Power.
However, looking at the video to promote the campaign, I'm not sure even Baby Spice would really have the powers of persuasion to convince a group of builders in a British cafe to change the bread for their bacon butty.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review