Blog: Txt troubles
Catherine Sleep | 19 January 2004
I’ve had a mobile phone with a text message (SMS) function for about four years now, but it’s only in the last year that I’ve really started to use it. The problem wasn’t that I didn’t understand it, although you could never call me an early adopter of new technology.
My stumbling block was the time it took to insert proper punctuation and capital letters. “Not necessary,” I was told by more text-savvy friends who got fed up waiting for me to compose a response. Nevertheless, if you’ve based your career on “writing right” it’s pretty tough to chuck the rule book out of the window and feel no shame.
It appears today’s youngsters feel no such inhibitions (but then, do they even study grammar in school anymore?). Manufacturers have been relatively slow to tap the marketing potential of SMS, but the channel is now developing fast. Members can check out the current Feature of the Week to learn more.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report