Blog: Txt troubles
Catherine Sleep | 19 January 2004
I’ve had a mobile phone with a text message (SMS) function for about four years now, but it’s only in the last year that I’ve really started to use it. The problem wasn’t that I didn’t understand it, although you could never call me an early adopter of new technology.
My stumbling block was the time it took to insert proper punctuation and capital letters. “Not necessary,” I was told by more text-savvy friends who got fed up waiting for me to compose a response. Nevertheless, if you’ve based your career on “writing right” it’s pretty tough to chuck the rule book out of the window and feel no shame.
It appears today’s youngsters feel no such inhibitions (but then, do they even study grammar in school anymore?). Manufacturers have been relatively slow to tap the marketing potential of SMS, but the channel is now developing fast. Members can check out the current Feature of the Week to learn more.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review