Blog: UK food manufacturers seek new export opportunities
Michelle Russell | 13 December 2012
Following a drive by the UK Government last month to boost the country's food exports to China, retailers and food manufacturers appear ever more anxious to find out how they can maxmise potential opportunities.
At a forum organised by the Food & Drink Export Association in London yesterday (13 December), UK food manufacturing and retailers heard from organisations offering insight on key export markets. The event also offered a chance to network with others in the industry.
The UK Government ensured its presence at the event and kicked off the morning emphasising the UK's increasing level of support for food exporters through free trade agreements, practical advice and knowledge-sharing.
David Heath, UK minister for environment, food and rural affairs, said the country's government was "absolutely committed" to helping the sector grow.
Other speakers included Peter Wilson of the Foreign Commonwealth Office who suggested South East Asia as a rapidly emerging export economy.
The BRIC markets, including China, of course, were high on the agenda for the majority of speakers also, with the FDEA citing South Africa as another potential key market of focus.
Check back on just-food for news from the event.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review