Blog: UK food manufacturers seek new export opportunities
Michelle Russell | 13 December 2012
Following a drive by the UK Government last month to boost the country's food exports to China, retailers and food manufacturers appear ever more anxious to find out how they can maxmise potential opportunities.
At a forum organised by the Food & Drink Export Association in London yesterday (13 December), UK food manufacturing and retailers heard from organisations offering insight on key export markets. The event also offered a chance to network with others in the industry.
The UK Government ensured its presence at the event and kicked off the morning emphasising the UK's increasing level of support for food exporters through free trade agreements, practical advice and knowledge-sharing.
David Heath, UK minister for environment, food and rural affairs, said the country's government was "absolutely committed" to helping the sector grow.
Other speakers included Peter Wilson of the Foreign Commonwealth Office who suggested South East Asia as a rapidly emerging export economy.
The BRIC markets, including China, of course, were high on the agenda for the majority of speakers also, with the FDEA citing South Africa as another potential key market of focus.
Check back on just-food for news from the event.
How can diet-related ill-health be tackled? How can the health and wellbeing of the population improve? Such a complex issue is often reduced to soundbites and brickbats, with industry in the firing l...
Dairy processors in Australia believe the agreement between Canberra and Beijing will make them more competitive in a key export market....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report