Blog: UK retail giants prepare to report
Dean Best | 7 January 2011
Sainsbury's may have been dubbed the Christmas winner today but, in a series of trading updates next week, more light will be shone on who fared the best over the festive period.
Data from Nielsen issued today (7 January) said Sainsbury's, the UK's third-largest grocer, had outperformed its rivals in the run-up to Christmas Day.
On Monday, Morrisons and Ocado will give their updates to the City on their Christmas trading, followed by Marks and Spencer on Tuesday, Sainsbury's on Wednesday and Tesco on Thursday.
As always, you can get the latest from each retailer, including insight from the retailers' discussions with reporters and analysts, here on just-food.
It promises to be a busy week.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report