Blog: UK retail giants prepare to report
Dean Best | 7 January 2011
Sainsbury's may have been dubbed the Christmas winner today but, in a series of trading updates next week, more light will be shone on who fared the best over the festive period.
Data from Nielsen issued today (7 January) said Sainsbury's, the UK's third-largest grocer, had outperformed its rivals in the run-up to Christmas Day.
On Monday, Morrisons and Ocado will give their updates to the City on their Christmas trading, followed by Marks and Spencer on Tuesday, Sainsbury's on Wednesday and Tesco on Thursday.
As always, you can get the latest from each retailer, including insight from the retailers' discussions with reporters and analysts, here on just-food.
It promises to be a busy week.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk