Blog: Ulster fry-up
Catherine Sleep | 1 September 2003
But this is a blog for the food industry, so instead, ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you the Ulster Fry-Up. At first glance this could be mistaken for an English breakfast, but that would be to overlook the white pudding, the fried potato cakes and the soda farls. In St. George's Market we had the luck to stumble across a lady from a nearby pig farm who fed us fry-ups using sausages handmade on her farm along with bacon from her pigs and free-range eggs from her hens. This all tasted fabulous, which at least slightly offset the guilt about the cholesterol overload. And we knew we would do a lot of walking that day... but that’s another story.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report