Blog: Unanimous praise for Unilever
Dean Best | 8 September 2008
Industry analysts can be a tough bunch to please but Unilever can sit comfortably in the knowledge that, last week, they succeeded in doing just that.
Unilever's appointment of Nestle executive Paul Polman as its next CEO won wide praise from the investment community, which believes that the Dutchman is the right man to continue the recovery at the consumer goods giant.
In fact, it was nigh on impossible to find a negative word about the appointment, which will see Polman replace Unilever veteran Patrick Cescau in the New Year.
Cescau has been credited with turning the Anglo-Dutch conglomerate around and, although Polman was passed over for the top job at Nestle last year, analysts are upbeat about the prospects at Unilever House.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities