Blog: Uncertainty surrounds Indian FDI reform
Sam Webb | 7 December 2011
The Indian government's shock decision to open up Indian retail for foreign investment was heralded and demonised in equal measure.
Now Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his cabinet is apparently backtracking on the move after a fortnight of parliamentary boycotts and protests that have brought the political process in the key emerging market to a grinding halt.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix