Blog: Unilever brings Kay duo back for Flora ad
Michelle Russell | 22 August 2012
Television personality Vernon Kay is to return to UK screens this week courtesy of Unilever.
The consumer giant will this week air a new television ad for its Flora spread, bringing back Kay and his mother Gladys to promote a reformulation of the brand's ingredients.
The ad forms part of Unilever's GBP10 (US$) relaunch of the Flora brand and shows the light-hearted banter viewers have become used to between the pair as Kay tells his mother, "It's better, because it's tastier," while his mother corrects him with the line, "It's better because it's healthier."
This will be the second time Kay and his mother have appeared in an advert together, the first being for Unilever's Flora Cuisine cooking oil. The ad, however, received a number of complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for its claim of containing 45% less saturated fat than olive oil, and whether this could be substantiated.
Much to the relief of Unilever, no doubt, the complaint was cleared, and the consumer goods giant will no doubt be hoping this latest ad will agree fully with viewers.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK