Blog: Unilever brings Kay duo back for Flora ad
Michelle Russell | 22 August 2012
Television personality Vernon Kay is to return to UK screens this week courtesy of Unilever.
The consumer giant will this week air a new television ad for its Flora spread, bringing back Kay and his mother Gladys to promote a reformulation of the brand's ingredients.
The ad forms part of Unilever's GBP10 (US$) relaunch of the Flora brand and shows the light-hearted banter viewers have become used to between the pair as Kay tells his mother, "It's better, because it's tastier," while his mother corrects him with the line, "It's better because it's healthier."
This will be the second time Kay and his mother have appeared in an advert together, the first being for Unilever's Flora Cuisine cooking oil. The ad, however, received a number of complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for its claim of containing 45% less saturated fat than olive oil, and whether this could be substantiated.
Much to the relief of Unilever, no doubt, the complaint was cleared, and the consumer goods giant will no doubt be hoping this latest ad will agree fully with viewers.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review