Blog: Unilever brings Kay duo back for Flora ad
Michelle Russell | 22 August 2012
Television personality Vernon Kay is to return to UK screens this week courtesy of Unilever.
The consumer giant will this week air a new television ad for its Flora spread, bringing back Kay and his mother Gladys to promote a reformulation of the brand's ingredients.
The ad forms part of Unilever's GBP10 (US$) relaunch of the Flora brand and shows the light-hearted banter viewers have become used to between the pair as Kay tells his mother, "It's better, because it's tastier," while his mother corrects him with the line, "It's better because it's healthier."
This will be the second time Kay and his mother have appeared in an advert together, the first being for Unilever's Flora Cuisine cooking oil. The ad, however, received a number of complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for its claim of containing 45% less saturated fat than olive oil, and whether this could be substantiated.
Much to the relief of Unilever, no doubt, the complaint was cleared, and the consumer goods giant will no doubt be hoping this latest ad will agree fully with viewers.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities