Blog: US pollsters should look to pasta - apparently
Dean Best | 11 January 2008
From here in the UK, it’s easy to see that election fever is gripping the US at the moment.
Indeed, even business hacks on this side of the pond seem to have been taking a close interest in the state primaries on the other side of the Atlantic, with one labeling Sainsbury’s “the Hillary Clinton of UK supermarkets” after its quarterly results confounded analysts.
Back in the US, election fever has taken hold at pasta maker American Italian Pasta Co. The firm, one of the largest pasta producers in the US, has claimed that one “can tell a person's politics by the cut of his pasta”.
“We decided to take a lighthearted look at red state vs. blue state pasta preferences to answer the question: as a country, are we divided about our pasta as we are about our politics?" said Drew Lericos, vice president of marketing of American Italian Pasta Co.
Democrats, according to the company, lean towards elbow macaroni, while Republicans tend to prefer long spaghetti.
I wonder if this data is as accurate as the polls in New Hampshire on Tuesday…
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review