Blog: Veggie delight – or rather, shock!
Catherine Sleep | 21 January 2004
Walkers Crisps (PepsiCo subsidiary, HUGE in the UK) are going to change the recipe for their Cheese & Onion variety to make them suitable for consumption by vegetarians.
That’s good news, but two vegetarians of my acquaintance expressed surprise that they weren’t veggie in the first place. I know that the weird and wonderful world of flavours and fragrances works in strange ways, but how can it be that Walkers’ Prawn Cocktail, Smoky Bacon, Chinese Spare Rib, Beef & Onion, Roast Chicken and Chicken Tikka Masala varieties are all vegetarian, but not the Cheese & Onion flavour, i.e. one which does not include meat in the name? Confusing or what?
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea