Blog: Vinegar and celery ice cream
Catherine Sleep | 17 August 2005
Demand for more “natural” flavours of ice cream has sparked the development of some unusual varieties in Italy. According to the Guardian, balsamic vinegar, celery and tomato ice cream are some of the new flavours being tried out, as the popularity of ice cream made with artificial flavours and colours declines.
And it’s not just the artisan ice cream makers at coastal resorts where the new flavours are being developed – restaurant chefs are also getting in on the act, with new dishes including gorgonzola ice cream with prune sauce, and summer risotto with parmesan ice cream and saffron jelly.
However, it seems that for all the innovation and experimentation, chocolate ice cream remains the firm favourite among Italians.
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020