Blog: Vinegar and celery ice cream
Catherine Sleep | 17 August 2005
Demand for more “natural” flavours of ice cream has sparked the development of some unusual varieties in Italy. According to the Guardian, balsamic vinegar, celery and tomato ice cream are some of the new flavours being tried out, as the popularity of ice cream made with artificial flavours and colours declines.
And it’s not just the artisan ice cream makers at coastal resorts where the new flavours are being developed – restaurant chefs are also getting in on the act, with new dishes including gorgonzola ice cream with prune sauce, and summer risotto with parmesan ice cream and saffron jelly.
However, it seems that for all the innovation and experimentation, chocolate ice cream remains the firm favourite among Italians.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report