Blog: Wal-Mart extends price comparison campaign
Michelle Russell | 29 August 2012
The lure of playing one retailer off against another when it comes to grocery prices is clearly becoming more commonplace in the US as Wal-Mart extends its price comparison campaign further.
Wal-Mart says it has tasted success with its See for Yourself campaign and has decided to roll this out further.
While the concept isn't new, the additional receipt comparison tool in three trial markets of Albuquerque, Chicago and Atlanta allows customers to upload a photo of their receipt from the last seven days with at least ten items.
Customers then receive an email back from Wal-Mart reporting what they could have saved by shopping in its stores.
Wal-Mart said it will see how the trial goes before deciding whether to roll it out further.
Details of the new scheme can be found here.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report