Blog: Wal-Mart seeks to lure in customers with fresh produce "guarantee"
Michelle Russell | 4 June 2013
US retail giant Wal-Mart is looking to boost traffic numbers with the launch of a fresh produce guarantee across its store network.
The new efforts that the retailer says will "ensure the quality and freshness of the fruits and vegetables" it sells, includes a 100% money-back guarantee, as well as changes across produce sourcing, training and operations.
The initiative includes faster delivery from farm to shelves by purchasing directly from growers, independent weekly checks across stores, and the hiring of "produce experts" to work directly with farmers.
The initiative is all part of a strategy by the company to double sales of locally grown produce by December 2015. It also follows a number of recent commitments by Wal-Mart to make food healthier and healthier food more affordable.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities