Blog: Wal-Mart seeks to lure in customers with fresh produce "guarantee"
Michelle Russell | 4 June 2013
US retail giant Wal-Mart is looking to boost traffic numbers with the launch of a fresh produce guarantee across its store network.
The new efforts that the retailer says will "ensure the quality and freshness of the fruits and vegetables" it sells, includes a 100% money-back guarantee, as well as changes across produce sourcing, training and operations.
The initiative includes faster delivery from farm to shelves by purchasing directly from growers, independent weekly checks across stores, and the hiring of "produce experts" to work directly with farmers.
The initiative is all part of a strategy by the company to double sales of locally grown produce by December 2015. It also follows a number of recent commitments by Wal-Mart to make food healthier and healthier food more affordable.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report