Blog: Waltons keep it in the family
Catherine Sleep | 17 March 2004
Five of the ten richest people on earth share the same surname, and guess what it is... Walton ring a bell? The Wal-Mart formula continues to emphasise the distribution of wealth rather than the concentration of it, but the family behind the biggest company on earth is clearly doing more than okay.
George Monbiot, a distinguished writer best known for his work on the environment and social equality, penned a thoughtful piece for yesterday’s Guardian about the impact of supermarkets over the past 20 years. If you fancy a read during your coffee break, click the hyperlink below. You may not learn much you didn’t already know, but as a comment piece, it’s excellent.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities