Blog: Want a piece of an organic farm?
Catherine Sleep | 28 June 2006
Nobody said that running an organic farm was easy, however well intentioned and highly principled its owners. Neither is first mover advantage a guarantee of long-term success. Britain’s first organic farm is under threat from developers and the brother and sister team who farm it have until this weekend to raise the £800,000 needed to save it.
To safeguard their heritage and the legacy of their pioneering father Arthur, Ben and Charlotte Hollins are offering small investors a non-profit-making share in Fordhall Farm at £50 per share.
So, if you want to call yourself a farmer without getting your boots muddy, head over to the Fordhall website. After all, enough rural land has been gobbled up for housing developments but we can ill afford to lose an organic farm.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report