Blog: Want a piece of an organic farm?
Catherine Sleep | 28 June 2006
Nobody said that running an organic farm was easy, however well intentioned and highly principled its owners. Neither is first mover advantage a guarantee of long-term success. Britain’s first organic farm is under threat from developers and the brother and sister team who farm it have until this weekend to raise the £800,000 needed to save it.
To safeguard their heritage and the legacy of their pioneering father Arthur, Ben and Charlotte Hollins are offering small investors a non-profit-making share in Fordhall Farm at £50 per share.
So, if you want to call yourself a farmer without getting your boots muddy, head over to the Fordhall website. After all, enough rural land has been gobbled up for housing developments but we can ill afford to lose an organic farm.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review