Blog: Warning: Twisted confectionery on the loose
Dean Best | 24 April 2009
There is a high security chocolate bar incident at just-food HQ this morning, where an intelligent transfer of three Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted bars has ended in disaster...
One of the three Twister bars intended for editorial consumption has sadly gone missing in action - or is it a conspiracy?
Cadbury's quirky gift has a hole cut out the middle, where the gooey chocolate has supposedly 'escaped' leaving only its wrapper and a note.
A note reads: "To whoever discovers this... You're too late, loser. I warned those intellectual pygmies in the CIA (Cadbury Intelligence Agecy) that I'd escape and they laughed. Well guess who's laughing now?
"And now I'm on the loose again. Free to join my Twisted brothers and cover the world in Goo.
"I'll be long gone by the time you read this and I'm sure the CIA is already after us. But even if they do get one or two of us they're not smart enough to catch us all. NOBODY IS."
OK, Cadbury folk, hats off for an innovative ad campaign, but we've still got two Twisted bars to eat so, once again, guess who's laughing now?
Joe Ayling, news editor, just-style.com
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China