Blog: Warning: Twisted confectionery on the loose
Dean Best | 24 April 2009
There is a high security chocolate bar incident at just-food HQ this morning, where an intelligent transfer of three Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted bars has ended in disaster...
One of the three Twister bars intended for editorial consumption has sadly gone missing in action - or is it a conspiracy?
Cadbury's quirky gift has a hole cut out the middle, where the gooey chocolate has supposedly 'escaped' leaving only its wrapper and a note.
A note reads: "To whoever discovers this... You're too late, loser. I warned those intellectual pygmies in the CIA (Cadbury Intelligence Agecy) that I'd escape and they laughed. Well guess who's laughing now?
"And now I'm on the loose again. Free to join my Twisted brothers and cover the world in Goo.
"I'll be long gone by the time you read this and I'm sure the CIA is already after us. But even if they do get one or two of us they're not smart enough to catch us all. NOBODY IS."
OK, Cadbury folk, hats off for an innovative ad campaign, but we've still got two Twisted bars to eat so, once again, guess who's laughing now?
Joe Ayling, news editor, just-style.com
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016