Blog: Warning: Twisted confectionery on the loose
Dean Best | 24 April 2009
There is a high security chocolate bar incident at just-food HQ this morning, where an intelligent transfer of three Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted bars has ended in disaster...
One of the three Twister bars intended for editorial consumption has sadly gone missing in action - or is it a conspiracy?
Cadbury's quirky gift has a hole cut out the middle, where the gooey chocolate has supposedly 'escaped' leaving only its wrapper and a note.
A note reads: "To whoever discovers this... You're too late, loser. I warned those intellectual pygmies in the CIA (Cadbury Intelligence Agecy) that I'd escape and they laughed. Well guess who's laughing now?
"And now I'm on the loose again. Free to join my Twisted brothers and cover the world in Goo.
"I'll be long gone by the time you read this and I'm sure the CIA is already after us. But even if they do get one or two of us they're not smart enough to catch us all. NOBODY IS."
OK, Cadbury folk, hats off for an innovative ad campaign, but we've still got two Twisted bars to eat so, once again, guess who's laughing now?
Joe Ayling, news editor, just-style.com
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations