Blog: Warning: Twisted confectionery on the loose
Dean Best | 24 April 2009
There is a high security chocolate bar incident at just-food HQ this morning, where an intelligent transfer of three Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted bars has ended in disaster...
One of the three Twister bars intended for editorial consumption has sadly gone missing in action - or is it a conspiracy?
Cadbury's quirky gift has a hole cut out the middle, where the gooey chocolate has supposedly 'escaped' leaving only its wrapper and a note.
A note reads: "To whoever discovers this... You're too late, loser. I warned those intellectual pygmies in the CIA (Cadbury Intelligence Agecy) that I'd escape and they laughed. Well guess who's laughing now?
"And now I'm on the loose again. Free to join my Twisted brothers and cover the world in Goo.
"I'll be long gone by the time you read this and I'm sure the CIA is already after us. But even if they do get one or two of us they're not smart enough to catch us all. NOBODY IS."
OK, Cadbury folk, hats off for an innovative ad campaign, but we've still got two Twisted bars to eat so, once again, guess who's laughing now?
Joe Ayling, news editor, just-style.com
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%