Blog: Warning: Twisted confectionery on the loose
Dean Best | 24 April 2009
There is a high security chocolate bar incident at just-food HQ this morning, where an intelligent transfer of three Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted bars has ended in disaster...
One of the three Twister bars intended for editorial consumption has sadly gone missing in action - or is it a conspiracy?
Cadbury's quirky gift has a hole cut out the middle, where the gooey chocolate has supposedly 'escaped' leaving only its wrapper and a note.
A note reads: "To whoever discovers this... You're too late, loser. I warned those intellectual pygmies in the CIA (Cadbury Intelligence Agecy) that I'd escape and they laughed. Well guess who's laughing now?
"And now I'm on the loose again. Free to join my Twisted brothers and cover the world in Goo.
"I'll be long gone by the time you read this and I'm sure the CIA is already after us. But even if they do get one or two of us they're not smart enough to catch us all. NOBODY IS."
OK, Cadbury folk, hats off for an innovative ad campaign, but we've still got two Twisted bars to eat so, once again, guess who's laughing now?
Joe Ayling, news editor, just-style.com
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities