Blog: We assume you do have an oven…
Catherine Sleep | 20 July 2006
It’s enough to make a grown woman weep. McDougall’s is launching a new range of baking kits aimed at getting older kids into the kitchen. While there are baking kits products already on the market, the company makes the point that most involve licensed cartoon characters aimed at the under-7s and focus more on play than on learning a practical skill.
McDougall’s new Let’s Cook range includes Pizza Swirls and Tear ‘n’ Share Garlic Dough Balls among other treats aimed at the 8-11 age group. It sounds like it will appeal, and to my mind anything, gimmick or not, that gets kids in the kitchen getting their hands dirty and making themselves something to eat, is good news.
What I find breathtaking is the inclusion in most of the kits of a disposable baking tray. Is it really too much to expect most households to have one baking tray these days? Perhaps it is – I’m sure McDougall’s did its homework, although the company suggests the motive is to cut down on the washing-up. And what about the environmental impact of including a baking tray that will be binned after one use?
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities