Blog: We assume you do have an oven…
Catherine Sleep | 20 July 2006
It’s enough to make a grown woman weep. McDougall’s is launching a new range of baking kits aimed at getting older kids into the kitchen. While there are baking kits products already on the market, the company makes the point that most involve licensed cartoon characters aimed at the under-7s and focus more on play than on learning a practical skill.
McDougall’s new Let’s Cook range includes Pizza Swirls and Tear ‘n’ Share Garlic Dough Balls among other treats aimed at the 8-11 age group. It sounds like it will appeal, and to my mind anything, gimmick or not, that gets kids in the kitchen getting their hands dirty and making themselves something to eat, is good news.
What I find breathtaking is the inclusion in most of the kits of a disposable baking tray. Is it really too much to expect most households to have one baking tray these days? Perhaps it is – I’m sure McDougall’s did its homework, although the company suggests the motive is to cut down on the washing-up. And what about the environmental impact of including a baking tray that will be binned after one use?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review