Blog: “We liked giving kids healthy options – but now that’s just impossible”
Dean Best | 29 May 2008
Video brings the day-to-day to life.
We’ve all read – and are reading – about food inflation around the world, whether you are a shopper in Manchester or Melbourne. That families have seen their food bills shoot up in recent months is, perhaps, old news.
But, watching this three-minute video this morning (29 May) brought the subject – and how food inflation is affecting consumer choice across a range of issues – to life.
Last year, UK supermarket bosses would wax lyrical about the growth of organic food or premium ranges; now, consumers are seeking more and more value.
As the cost of food rises, families are facing some tough choices. The thought of buying healthier bread (“with seeds in”) for their children or buying free-range eggs is being cast to one side in the search for value to make ends meet.
If you’re a numbers person, yesterday’s TNS figures on the UK grocery market encapsulated all this in a brief set of figures.
However, taking three minutes to watch this video is likely to hit home even more.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities