Blog: “We liked giving kids healthy options – but now that’s just impossible”
Dean Best | 29 May 2008
Video brings the day-to-day to life.
We’ve all read – and are reading – about food inflation around the world, whether you are a shopper in Manchester or Melbourne. That families have seen their food bills shoot up in recent months is, perhaps, old news.
But, watching this three-minute video this morning (29 May) brought the subject – and how food inflation is affecting consumer choice across a range of issues – to life.
Last year, UK supermarket bosses would wax lyrical about the growth of organic food or premium ranges; now, consumers are seeking more and more value.
As the cost of food rises, families are facing some tough choices. The thought of buying healthier bread (“with seeds in”) for their children or buying free-range eggs is being cast to one side in the search for value to make ends meet.
If you’re a numbers person, yesterday’s TNS figures on the UK grocery market encapsulated all this in a brief set of figures.
However, taking three minutes to watch this video is likely to hit home even more.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review