Blog: We wish you a merry Christmas
Dean Best | 23 December 2016
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in recent days for you to get you teeth into before then.
This week, our analysis pages have looked into Danone's surprise sales warning and the continued pressure General Mills is seeing on its own top line.
On our interview pages, we chatted to UK popcorn maker Propercorn about its plans in the wake of the recent investment from the founders of UK smoothie brand Innocent. We also spoke to the CEO of Chaucer Food Group, the UK snack maker taken over by Japan's Nagatanien Holdings.
Thank you all for your support for just-food in 2016. The team here hopes you have a merry Christmas and a happy 2017.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Free-from, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retailers, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO