Blog: Wedding drama
Catherine Sleep | 8 September 2003
Yesterday changed all that – the hotel in which their wedding reception was to be held went up in flames, and will not reopen for some time. Given that hotels get booked up for weddings months and sometimes years in advance in Plymouth, there is little chance of them finding a substitute at such short notice.
Will it be fish and chips on Plymouth Hoe, or a bun fight in the church hall? Will we see a display of flexibility and generosity on the part of some local establishment that helps out, or will all the guests rally round with offers of quiche and currant buns? I have no doubt that a blitz spirit will prevail and it will be a fantastic wedding. Keep your fingers crossed for a sunny day, eh?
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report