Blog: We're on the money on a bumper results day
Dean Best | 11 February 2010
Another bumper day of results saw the headlines grabbed by PepsiCo boss Indra Nooyi.
The PepsiCo chairman and CEO said the snacks giant has its sights on new geographies - and new product categories.
Earlier in the day, we heard Danone chief Franck Riboud insist the French food giant had dealt with the challenges of 2009 better than the company had expected - and then set out his own plans for expansion this year.
However, while Riboud said Danone was targeting new markets in Russia and China, Orkla Brands, the Norway-food business with operations across Scandinavia and overseas, warned that the Russian market was showing little sign of improving in 2010.
Full members of just-food can pick up all this news and more in our "on the money" articles; those of you yet to subscribe can do so here.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report