Blog: What are the new emerging food markets?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2012
Barry Callebaut's plans to build a chocolate plant in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market to FMCG companies - and the country is one of ten to be highlighted in a new just-food on the new emerging markets to target.
The confectioner's plans to open a facility in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market - and it is a market featured in just-food's latest research report: The new emerging food markets, 2013 and beyond.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth. These include the newly industrialised and dynamic ‘CIVETS’ in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, which could emerge as competitive food markets.
Alongside those markets, however, the report also profiles the food producing and retail sectors of Croatia, Poland, Mexico and Nigeria, which also represent potential emerging markets.
It also offers vital food market statistics: each country's current market condition is analysed, and the trends, challenges and opportunities are explored individually.
Each profile is summarised by a round-up of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats likely to affect further growth.
The make-up of the ingredients in baby food in the US is under some scrutiny, with Campbell Soup Co. and Nestle attracting criticism from consumer watchdogs....
UK cash-and-carry and convenience retailer Booker Group has struck a deal to buy the Londis and Budgens symbol retail chains from Ireland's Musgrave Group - and emphasised the changing retail landscap...
US efforts to liberalise international trade faced something of a roller coaster ride this week, as the Senate first voted down Barack Obama's proposals only to reach a compromise that would give the ...
Over the weekend, there were fresh claims Europe-based food retailers Ahold and Delhaize are in discussions to join forces....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details