Blog: What are the new emerging food markets?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2012
Barry Callebaut's plans to build a chocolate plant in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market to FMCG companies - and the country is one of ten to be highlighted in a new just-food on the new emerging markets to target.
The confectioner's plans to open a facility in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market - and it is a market featured in just-food's latest research report: The new emerging food markets, 2013 and beyond.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth. These include the newly industrialised and dynamic ‘CIVETS’ in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, which could emerge as competitive food markets.
Alongside those markets, however, the report also profiles the food producing and retail sectors of Croatia, Poland, Mexico and Nigeria, which also represent potential emerging markets.
It also offers vital food market statistics: each country's current market condition is analysed, and the trends, challenges and opportunities are explored individually.
Each profile is summarised by a round-up of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats likely to affect further growth.
There has been a rise in the number of food companies in the UK filing for insolvency - and the intensification of competition between the country's grocers has been blamed....
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer