Blog: What are the new emerging food markets?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2012
Barry Callebaut's plans to build a chocolate plant in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market to FMCG companies - and the country is one of ten to be highlighted in a new just-food on the new emerging markets to target.
The confectioner's plans to open a facility in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market - and it is a market featured in just-food's latest research report: The new emerging food markets, 2013 and beyond.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth. These include the newly industrialised and dynamic ‘CIVETS’ in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, which could emerge as competitive food markets.
Alongside those markets, however, the report also profiles the food producing and retail sectors of Croatia, Poland, Mexico and Nigeria, which also represent potential emerging markets.
It also offers vital food market statistics: each country's current market condition is analysed, and the trends, challenges and opportunities are explored individually.
Each profile is summarised by a round-up of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats likely to affect further growth.
Food is a small part of the portfolio at PZ Cussons, the UK-based FMCG group better known for brands including Imperial Leather soap and Charles Worthington shampoo. However, the company is a major ol...
Cargill's move to buy Archer Daniels Midland's chocolate business has cleared its last regulatory hurdle after clearance from the European Commission. But Brussels has asked Cargill to offload part of...
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Seabrook Crisps chief on MBO
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Sainsbury's launches kids frozen meal range
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy