Blog: What are the new emerging food markets?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2012
Barry Callebaut's plans to build a chocolate plant in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market to FMCG companies - and the country is one of ten to be highlighted in a new just-food on the new emerging markets to target.
The confectioner's plans to open a facility in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market - and it is a market featured in just-food's latest research report: The new emerging food markets, 2013 and beyond.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth. These include the newly industrialised and dynamic ‘CIVETS’ in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, which could emerge as competitive food markets.
Alongside those markets, however, the report also profiles the food producing and retail sectors of Croatia, Poland, Mexico and Nigeria, which also represent potential emerging markets.
It also offers vital food market statistics: each country's current market condition is analysed, and the trends, challenges and opportunities are explored individually.
Each profile is summarised by a round-up of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats likely to affect further growth.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review