Blog: What are the new emerging food markets?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2012
Barry Callebaut's plans to build a chocolate plant in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market to FMCG companies - and the country is one of ten to be highlighted in a new just-food on the new emerging markets to target.
The confectioner's plans to open a facility in Turkey highlights the attractiveness of the market - and it is a market featured in just-food's latest research report: The new emerging food markets, 2013 and beyond.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth.
The report reveals ten emerging markets aside from the BRICs that food manufacturers and retailers should focus on to tap into new sources of growth. These include the newly industrialised and dynamic ‘CIVETS’ in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, which could emerge as competitive food markets.
Alongside those markets, however, the report also profiles the food producing and retail sectors of Croatia, Poland, Mexico and Nigeria, which also represent potential emerging markets.
It also offers vital food market statistics: each country's current market condition is analysed, and the trends, challenges and opportunities are explored individually.
Each profile is summarised by a round-up of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats likely to affect further growth.
US fans of British chocolate imports have taken to social media to vent their frustration after Hershey earlier this week reached a settlement with an importer to stop distributing British-made candy ...
Ads are commonly a bone of contention in this industry, with food manufacturers regularly coming under fire for what they believe is creative use of media. ...
Singapore-based agribusiness giant Wilmar International is to publish more information on how it sources its palm oil, a move welcomed by environmentalists....
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report