Blog: What is it with Krispy Kreme?
Catherine Sleep | 2 February 2005
So, I was in Harrods on Saturday looking at all the nice things I couldn’t afford (again!) and as I had a bit of time on my hands and a craving for something sweet, I decided to hit the Krispy Kreme doughnut franchise which opened in Harrods a year or so ago.
I’d heard that people tend to be fanatical about their doughnuts, so have been curious for some time to see if Krispy Kreme products are really superior to others. Trouble was, there was a massive queue snaking right back into the menswear department. To justify queuing for so long (at least half an hour), most people seemed to be leaving with at least a dozen doughnuts - or was that simply a sign of how good the doughnuts are? Sadly I’ll have to find out another day. I’m curious, but not that curious.
Krispy Kreme may be struggling on the stock market but it’s certainly built a loyal following in Knightsbridge. Anyone care to explain why?
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action