Blog: What is it with Krispy Kreme?
Catherine Sleep | 2 February 2005
So, I was in Harrods on Saturday looking at all the nice things I couldn’t afford (again!) and as I had a bit of time on my hands and a craving for something sweet, I decided to hit the Krispy Kreme doughnut franchise which opened in Harrods a year or so ago.
I’d heard that people tend to be fanatical about their doughnuts, so have been curious for some time to see if Krispy Kreme products are really superior to others. Trouble was, there was a massive queue snaking right back into the menswear department. To justify queuing for so long (at least half an hour), most people seemed to be leaving with at least a dozen doughnuts - or was that simply a sign of how good the doughnuts are? Sadly I’ll have to find out another day. I’m curious, but not that curious.
Krispy Kreme may be struggling on the stock market but it’s certainly built a loyal following in Knightsbridge. Anyone care to explain why?
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review