Blog: What is it with Krispy Kreme?
Catherine Sleep | 2 February 2005
So, I was in Harrods on Saturday looking at all the nice things I couldn’t afford (again!) and as I had a bit of time on my hands and a craving for something sweet, I decided to hit the Krispy Kreme doughnut franchise which opened in Harrods a year or so ago.
I’d heard that people tend to be fanatical about their doughnuts, so have been curious for some time to see if Krispy Kreme products are really superior to others. Trouble was, there was a massive queue snaking right back into the menswear department. To justify queuing for so long (at least half an hour), most people seemed to be leaving with at least a dozen doughnuts - or was that simply a sign of how good the doughnuts are? Sadly I’ll have to find out another day. I’m curious, but not that curious.
Krispy Kreme may be struggling on the stock market but it’s certainly built a loyal following in Knightsbridge. Anyone care to explain why?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image