Blog: What is it with Krispy Kreme?
Catherine Sleep | 2 February 2005
So, I was in Harrods on Saturday looking at all the nice things I couldn’t afford (again!) and as I had a bit of time on my hands and a craving for something sweet, I decided to hit the Krispy Kreme doughnut franchise which opened in Harrods a year or so ago.
I’d heard that people tend to be fanatical about their doughnuts, so have been curious for some time to see if Krispy Kreme products are really superior to others. Trouble was, there was a massive queue snaking right back into the menswear department. To justify queuing for so long (at least half an hour), most people seemed to be leaving with at least a dozen doughnuts - or was that simply a sign of how good the doughnuts are? Sadly I’ll have to find out another day. I’m curious, but not that curious.
Krispy Kreme may be struggling on the stock market but it’s certainly built a loyal following in Knightsbridge. Anyone care to explain why?
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch