Blog: What is your outlook for 2013?
Katy Askew | 9 January 2013
As a swathe of UK retailer majors deliver their quarterly sales updates this week, the figures seem to be confirming what many of us know from first hand experience: 2012 was a tough year.
Poor global economic conditions, a downbeat consumer and volatile commodity prices all presented a challenge.
But, as ever, there were also opportunities.
Tough conditions led to consolidation in the food sector - and, for some, this represented a chance to expand. Innovation and new product development became ever more important to manufacturers working to convince consumers of the value of their products. Difficulties at home prompted many to look to new markets for growth.
With the global economic outlook suggesting more of the same awaits us in 2013, we want to know what you think the next 12 months will have in store for your business. Do you expect to grow and prosper, in spite of a difficult operating environment? Does your innovation pipeline hold products that are going to wow consumers?
We will be presenting the findings of the just-food 2013 Confidence Survey next month, so please so take a minute to give us your views on what 2013 has in store.
Click here for our 2013 Confidence Survey.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities