Blog: What is your outlook for 2013?
Katy Askew | 9 January 2013
As a swathe of UK retailer majors deliver their quarterly sales updates this week, the figures seem to be confirming what many of us know from first hand experience: 2012 was a tough year.
Poor global economic conditions, a downbeat consumer and volatile commodity prices all presented a challenge.
But, as ever, there were also opportunities.
Tough conditions led to consolidation in the food sector - and, for some, this represented a chance to expand. Innovation and new product development became ever more important to manufacturers working to convince consumers of the value of their products. Difficulties at home prompted many to look to new markets for growth.
With the global economic outlook suggesting more of the same awaits us in 2013, we want to know what you think the next 12 months will have in store for your business. Do you expect to grow and prosper, in spite of a difficult operating environment? Does your innovation pipeline hold products that are going to wow consumers?
We will be presenting the findings of the just-food 2013 Confidence Survey next month, so please so take a minute to give us your views on what 2013 has in store.
Click here for our 2013 Confidence Survey.
How can diet-related ill-health be tackled? How can the health and wellbeing of the population improve? Such a complex issue is often reduced to soundbites and brickbats, with industry in the firing l...
Dairy processors in Australia believe the agreement between Canberra and Beijing will make them more competitive in a key export market....
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report