Blog: What is your outlook for 2013?
Katy Askew | 9 January 2013
As a swathe of UK retailer majors deliver their quarterly sales updates this week, the figures seem to be confirming what many of us know from first hand experience: 2012 was a tough year.
Poor global economic conditions, a downbeat consumer and volatile commodity prices all presented a challenge.
But, as ever, there were also opportunities.
Tough conditions led to consolidation in the food sector - and, for some, this represented a chance to expand. Innovation and new product development became ever more important to manufacturers working to convince consumers of the value of their products. Difficulties at home prompted many to look to new markets for growth.
With the global economic outlook suggesting more of the same awaits us in 2013, we want to know what you think the next 12 months will have in store for your business. Do you expect to grow and prosper, in spite of a difficult operating environment? Does your innovation pipeline hold products that are going to wow consumers?
We will be presenting the findings of the just-food 2013 Confidence Survey next month, so please so take a minute to give us your views on what 2013 has in store.
Click here for our 2013 Confidence Survey.
Fyffes, the global produce supplier, is in the spotlight over union claims of worker abuse on plantations in Central America....
Mark Price, the outgoing managing director of UK grocer Waitrose, has been named the country's new trade minister....
Last autumn, a US trade group said it would look to develop a voluntary regulatory compliance and certification programme for the term 'natural', with an eye on releasing the standard in the first hal...
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- PepsiCo 2015 results, 2016 outlook - takeaways
- The mixed fortunes of Kellogg's two main US arms
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- WWF launches food security platform
- PepsiCo forecasts dip in sales growth in 2016
- Russia draws up plans for tax on palm oil
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands