Blog: What is your outlook for 2013?
Katy Askew | 9 January 2013
As a swathe of UK retailer majors deliver their quarterly sales updates this week, the figures seem to be confirming what many of us know from first hand experience: 2012 was a tough year.
Poor global economic conditions, a downbeat consumer and volatile commodity prices all presented a challenge.
But, as ever, there were also opportunities.
Tough conditions led to consolidation in the food sector - and, for some, this represented a chance to expand. Innovation and new product development became ever more important to manufacturers working to convince consumers of the value of their products. Difficulties at home prompted many to look to new markets for growth.
With the global economic outlook suggesting more of the same awaits us in 2013, we want to know what you think the next 12 months will have in store for your business. Do you expect to grow and prosper, in spite of a difficult operating environment? Does your innovation pipeline hold products that are going to wow consumers?
We will be presenting the findings of the just-food 2013 Confidence Survey next month, so please so take a minute to give us your views on what 2013 has in store.
Click here for our 2013 Confidence Survey.
The US competition watchdog has shown its teeth and moved to block Sysco's takeover of fellow US foodservice distributor US Foods....
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- On the money: Can Danone grow fresh dairy?
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- ABF continues to expect profit drop
- Irish Dairy Board to change name to Ornua