Blog: What to read while just-food enjoys a public holiday
Dean Best | 5 May 2014
Today (5 May) is the May Day bank holiday here in the UK, so there will be no updates on just-food until tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a selection of our best coverage from last week.
On Friday, we published our latest management briefing, which focused on the challenges and opportunities facing food manufacturers operating in the Middle East.
Featuring interviews with leading executives from companies including Nestle, Mondelez International and Arla Foods, as well as analysis from the likes of Euromonitor and Mintel, the briefing is a must-read for companies either looking to enter the region or keen to build on their existing businesses there.
Last week's coverage of key emerging markets also took in Indonesia's growing dairy sector. Drinking milk consumption in Indonesia lags neighbouring countries in Asia. However, demographic drivers and growing consumer awareness around the functional benefits of dairy mean demand in the market is expected to grow rapidly.
And, on our sustainability-focused pages, we ran an interview with Andy Challinor, Professor of Climate Impacts at the University of Leeds and a lead author in the UN's latest report on climate change, who discussed how industry and academe can work together on the issue.
Much of our insights and interview coverage is available to our subscribers only. Their investment in us enables us to invest in our team of international journalists to report in-depth on the latest developments in the sector.
By now, you are likely to have noticed our new design. Alongside our relaunch, we are running a very special offer. Those new to just-food can sample us for 30 days for the princely sums of GBP1, EUR1 or US$1.
We've never run such a promotion on just-food before but we hope, once you have had a nibble on what we have to offer, you will come back for seconds - and, in the future, we will become a staple part of the business information you need to help your business grow.
Interested? Visit our promotion page and, after entering a few details, you will be able to read the above insight from last week - and delve deeper into our industry-leading service.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review