Blog: What would Dan Brown make of this?
Catherine Sleep | 28 September 2005
There are a lot of weird diets out there – the grapefruit, the cabbage soup and the boiled egg diets spring to mind as among the least appealing – but how many are based on bestselling works of fiction?
A baker who became fed up with seeing his sales slip as customers followed the low-carb craze away from his products has written a book based on the Golden Ratio, a formula deployed by Leonardo Da Vinci and popularised by Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code.
Stephen Lanzalotta has drawn up the Da Vinci Diet Code and signed a publishing deal with Warner Books. It will hit the shelves next year. Until then one can only speculate that it is likely to advocate eating bread, the author being a baker and all that. You’ve got to admire his lateral thinking haven’t you? We’re always telling food producers to innovate; I guess Lanzalotta did just that. Although the words 'jumping' and 'bandwagon' do spring to mind rather readily.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities