Blog: What would Dan Brown make of this?
Catherine Sleep | 28 September 2005
There are a lot of weird diets out there – the grapefruit, the cabbage soup and the boiled egg diets spring to mind as among the least appealing – but how many are based on bestselling works of fiction?
A baker who became fed up with seeing his sales slip as customers followed the low-carb craze away from his products has written a book based on the Golden Ratio, a formula deployed by Leonardo Da Vinci and popularised by Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code.
Stephen Lanzalotta has drawn up the Da Vinci Diet Code and signed a publishing deal with Warner Books. It will hit the shelves next year. Until then one can only speculate that it is likely to advocate eating bread, the author being a baker and all that. You’ve got to admire his lateral thinking haven’t you? We’re always telling food producers to innovate; I guess Lanzalotta did just that. Although the words 'jumping' and 'bandwagon' do spring to mind rather readily.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti