Blog: What's cooking in Unilever's food stable?
Dean Best | 30 September 2010
It may have provided one of the most memorable advertising jingles in recent years but, for Unilever, cooking sauce brand Chicken Tonight may have turned sour.
The consumer goods giant has confirmed that is mulling the future of the brand as it continued to reshape its food business.
The future of Ragu in the UK and Ireland is also uncertain, with Unilever studying its options for both brands.
And with Unilever, the owner of non-food brands from Lynx deodorant to Domestos bleach, adding to its home and personal-care stable with the acquisition of US haircare business Albert Culver, some are questioning the Anglo-Dutch group's food strategy.
However, do not be fooled into thinking that Unilever's focus on food is fading. Unilever may have sold off its Findus Italy frozen-food business this summer and may be mulling what to do with Chicken Tonight but, as we explain in our insights section, the company remains committed to food - and continues to "weed and feed" its portfolio.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review