Blog: What's cooking in Unilever's food stable?
Dean Best | 30 September 2010
It may have provided one of the most memorable advertising jingles in recent years but, for Unilever, cooking sauce brand Chicken Tonight may have turned sour.
The consumer goods giant has confirmed that is mulling the future of the brand as it continued to reshape its food business.
The future of Ragu in the UK and Ireland is also uncertain, with Unilever studying its options for both brands.
And with Unilever, the owner of non-food brands from Lynx deodorant to Domestos bleach, adding to its home and personal-care stable with the acquisition of US haircare business Albert Culver, some are questioning the Anglo-Dutch group's food strategy.
However, do not be fooled into thinking that Unilever's focus on food is fading. Unilever may have sold off its Findus Italy frozen-food business this summer and may be mulling what to do with Chicken Tonight but, as we explain in our insights section, the company remains committed to food - and continues to "weed and feed" its portfolio.
UK consumers are being urged to think of other ways to use their jack-o-lanterns and cut the millions of tonnes of pumpkin that is wasted at this time of year....
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report